|Corruption in the Philippines|
We extend our greetings and love in the Lord's name to you and your family.
Our prayers on your behalf are that you might be filled with the fullness of Christ to the end and you have every need supplied by our loving Father.
Brother Hamilton, we made this letter to ask your apology in our act of signing the joint Statement dated 1 December 96. We signed that Joint statement because of the convincing statement of Brother Rolando Agpoon & Geronimo Ganela. The fact is we haven't read your letter & they haven't left any copy of them. But when we asked them to furnish us the said letters, we realized that what they explained to us is different from the joint statement and also to your letter. Yes, we learned this through the effort of brother Robert Gamiao who explained and translated to us in our dialect. So, brother Glenn, we hope that you can forgive us. ---- Clemente Guingab, Anastacio Laggui, & Paulo Laggui.
P.S. Attached is our Joint Affidavit revoking our signatures from the
Joint Statement dated 1 Dec. 96.
Toy - Nagsurat
/s/ Clemente Guingab
REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES )
MUNICIPALITY OF TUGUEGARAO ) S.S.
PROVINCE OF CAGAYAN )
WE, ANASTACIO LAGGUI, PAULO LAGGUI, CLEMENTE GUINGAB, all of legal age, married, Filipino, residence of Santor, Kalinga-Apayao, after having been duly sworn to in accordance with law do hereby depose and allege:
1. That we are all preachers of the Church of Christ in Roma, Enrile, Cagayan; San Vicente, Rizal, Kalinga-Apayao and Andarayan, Kalinga-Apayao respectively.
2. That sometime in the month of December 1996, Geronimo Ganela and Rolando Agpoon came to our houses solicit our signatures in the December 1, 1996 Joint Statement of Preachers.
3. That we are among the signatories in that joint statement.
4. That we have signed our names relying on the convincing statements of Rolando Agpoon and Geronimo Ganela. Several points that was explained to us was different from the contents of the joint statement we signed.
5. That they did not left any copy of the joint statement we signed.
6. That we have not read the original letter of Glenn Hamilton.
7. That we have no participation in the drafting of the said joint statment.
8. That we are executing this affidavit revoking our signatures in that December 1, 1996 joint statement.
AFFIANTS SAYETH NAUGHT.
/s/Anastacio Laggui /s/ Paulo Laggui /s/Clemente Guingab
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this 4th day of January, 1997 at Tuguegarao,