GALATIANS: A DEFENSE OF THE TRUE GOSPEL
(Ron Halbrook. 3505 Horse Run Ct., Shepherdsville, KY 40165-6954)
I. DEFENSE OF PAUL'S TEACHING AS TRUE, ORIGINAL GOSPEL 1:6-2:21.
A. Warn, Rebuke: Do Not Change Original Gospel Message! 1:6-10.
B. Paul's Teaching & Apostleship Revealed Directly from God 1:11-23.
C. Paul's Opposition to False Teachers, Unity with Other Apostles
D. Paul's Rebuke of Peter's compromise with False Teachers 2:11-21.
II. SALVATION IN THE NEW COVENANT, NOT THE OLD 3:1 - 4:31
A. Evidence Proving Salvation in die New Covenant, Not the Old 3:1-29.
B. Exhort: Retain Salvation in the Gospel, Not Return to Bondage to
1. Freedom from Bondage to Sin Under Law of Moses & Idolatry
2. Allegory Illustrates "Two Covenants:" Bondage VS Freedom
III. FREEDOM FROM SIN IN TRUE GOSPEL VS. BONDAGE IN ERROR 5:1-6:18.
A. Dangers of False Doctrine VS Blessings & Duties if "Stand
in Truth 5:1-6:10.
B. Suffer for Christ, Not Compromise with Error for Personal
IV. DEFEND THE TRUE, ORIGINAL GOSPEL TODAY.
A. Theme of Galatians Still Needed Today.
1. Men change original message, trouble cause of Christ & souls
2. Leaven of false doctrine produce Roman Catholicism,
B. Leaven of False Doctrine Working Among Brethren Today.
1. Instrumental music perverts worship, missionary society
2. Premillennialism perverts nature of kingdom & church.
3. Institutionalism perverts organization, social gospel
4. One cup, no-class, & mutual edification sects bind human
opinion as law.
5. Jim Puterbaugh: allow eat blood (tape); no change of moral
law from Old to New Covenant, God recognize divorce & remarry as Dent.
today (tape 1986); non-sexual adultery if divorce & remarry, remain
marriage no matter why divorce, no legal marriage adultery (tape 1993);
Col. 2:14 not nail 10 Commandments to cross, Jesus taught same as Old
on divorce-remarry, polygamy not violate God's moral law (tape 1992/93);
longer believe Old Cov. end at cross & New Cov'. begin, Jer. 31:31-34
fulfill when Jews return from Babylon (tape 1995); sin not Old Cov. nailed
to Cross (handout sheet, 1996, 1998).
6. Wallace Little: support Puterbaugh on Col 2; 14 & Jer. 31;
Rom, 14, allow fellowship with divorce-remarry error; 2 Jn. 9-11 not forbid
fellowship with many such false doctrines (May 1997 in Gospel Truths).
7. Glenn Hamilton in compromise fellowship with Puterbaugh,
8. Kingdom larger than church, saved but not in church, grace
not law, not name false religions & teachers' accept false teachers,
C. Preserve Original Teaching, Oppose Error, Avoid Compromise
(1:6-9; 2:5, 11-14).
1830 Cainta, Rizal, Philippines Wednesday 19 April 2000; Wally Little
Dear brethren: The outline, above, is a lesson bro. Ron Halbrook preached
in Davao City, Philippines, on Monday, 10 April. I received a copy
yesterday from one who attended his lesson. Revelation 21:08 reads:
"...ALL LIARS, SHALL HAVE THEIR PART IN THE LAKE WHICH BURNETH WITH
AND BRIMSTONE: WHICH IS THE SECOND DEATH." Without trying to refute
obvious lies, let me ask a few questions, for you "out there"
How many of you think I actually believe and teach...
1. ...the kingdom is larger than the church?
2. ...there are saved who are not in the church?
3. ...God has grace in the N.T. period, but no law?
4. ...while refusing to name false religions?
5. ...but refuse to identify false teachers?
6. ...God approves accepting false teachers?
7. ...drinking beer (or any alcoholic beverage) is OK with God?
Notice: He cites no source for his (these IV. B. 8.) implications. Why
not? For his other charges, he asserts some basis, even while using these
references dishonestly. [Brethren, remember Genesis 3:01: "Now the
was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had
made...."] Here Halbrook tries to leave the impression these charges
backed by the same quality "evidence" he cited for his earlier
offers---NOTHING! Is he THAT desperate?
Again, who really thinks I believe and teach these things?
With his brand of integrity, how much truth do you suppose he teaches
his other lessons in the Philippines?...or elsewhere?
You be the judge.
In Christ: Wally Little