|Corruption in the Philippines|
Dear bro. Pascal,
Greetings to you and all who may read this. After reading your email, I have a few questions for you.
1. What does "China Bautista anora" mean?
2. Do you think that you are the only needy preacher in the Philippines, who has asked for help, and received none? We receive hundreds of requests for help, and wish that we could help all of them, but due to limited funds, we can only help a few.
3. Do you think that we help anyone who claims to be a preacher, without knowing something about their work in the Lord.
4. Do you think we have unlimited funds, and can help everyone who asks for help?
5. Is God a respector of persons, and only blesses his favorites? You have accused us of showing favoritism, because we help some, but did not help you. Please read Luke 4:25-27. There were many widows, but God sent Elijah to help only one. 1 Kings 17:8-16. There were many lepers in Israel, but God sent Elisha to heal only one, Naaman. 2 Kings 5:8-14.
6. Is your attitude in accordance with what the scriptures teach about rejoicing with those who rejoice, because they received help? Romans 12:15.
7. Is there jeolousy, envy, and bitterness in your heart, because we help some, but did not help you? 1 Cor 13:4 Love envies not. We must lay aside all malice (wickedness), guile, Hypocrisies, envies, and all evil speaking. 1 Peter 2:1.
8, Why are you still speaking evil of your fellow preachers, who you claim are corrupt, but you never did provide proof, only hearsay, rumors, and gossip? The charges against these preachers were investigated, and there was no proof. When we find evil and dishonesty in a preacher, he is rebuked and if he repents and asks for forgiveness, then we hold it against him no more. If we do not forgive those who sin against us, God will not forgive our sins. Matthew 6:14-15.
9. Have you gone to these who you believe are in sin, and rebuked them? If not, you should not be broadcasting their names on the internet. Read these verses. Matthew 18:15-17 and Galatians 6:1-2.
Brother Pascual, in my judgment, you have not acted in love toward your brothers, and are guilty of sin, specifically, envy, strife, jealousy, and sowing discord by evil speaking. A brother should not be judged quilty of sin, without conformation by two or three witnesses. See 2 Cor 13:1; 1 Tim 5:19; Heb 10:28; Gal 5:19-21; Ehp 4: 29-32. If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. Gen 4:7.
Yes, brother Pascual, you need to repent and make things right with your brethren and with your God. Just as David's sin gave great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme and show utter contempt and scorn to the Lord, so has yours. 2 Samuel 12:14. So I plead with you to repent of thy wickedness and pray God that the thought of thy heart may be forgiven thee. Acts 8:22.
You owe an apology to brothers Ron Halbrook and Jim Mc Donald. You have charged them with showing partiality and favoritism. I have worked with both of these men in the Philippines, and have never detected any such bias in them. In stead of criticizing them, you should thank them for the work they have done in your country, and the great concern they have shown to your needy brethren. In recent years, I know of no one who has done more in helping the needy in your country, and shown more concern, than these men. They have made many sacrifices to come and preach the gospel and distribute benevolence to the saints who are suffering, showing great compassion to your people.
I hope you will take this rebuke as it was intended, to save a soul from death. James 5:20.
In Brotherly Love, Earl